Skincare Review | Deciem The Ordinary ~ Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution


Review of Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Hello beauties! Have you include any AHA product in your skincare routine? What is the first AHA product that you used to feed your skin, and how your skin reacts to AHA product for the first time? For me, The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution by Deciem is the first AHA product that I introduce to my skin.

Before going into it, let me tell you that The Ordinary is actually a popular brand from Deciem and Deciem is a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands focused on advanced functional beauty. There are other popular brands reside under Deciem which are Niod, Hylamide, Chemistry Brand, Stemm, Fountain, HIF, AB Crew and Esho. Deciem works on the principle of doing everything others don't do and it is changing the world of beauty based on this principle.

More interesting, all Deciem products, across all brands including The Ordinary, are free of parabens, sulphates, mineral oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, animal oils, coal tar dyes, formaldehyde, mercury and oxybenzone. Deciem also does not test on animals and does not pay others to do so. For this reason, none of their brands are sold in mainland China since such sales require animal testing for registration purposes.


Review of Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution.


Now, it is about today's sharing. I took a decision to buy this product when my skin was breaking out, tiny bumps around my cheek area and newly acne popped in around my chin area. Those crazy tiny bumps really stressed me out everytime I touched my cheek, it felt like I was having a skin resembles to a tar road 😖. Oh yaa, I also bought along with it The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution because I thought that my chin area skin may need it hehehe and surprisingly, both have been damn so good on my skin! But for today, let's get into The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution first.



Skin Nepenthe Beauty Blog | Skincare  | Chemical Exfoliant
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution.


📍 Highlighted ingredient:

  • 7% glycolic acid 
- One type of alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) that offers mild exfoliation for improved skin radiance, visible clarity and appearance of skin texture.
  • Amino acids (Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine) 
- Maintain skin’s smoothness and hydration.
  • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water & Panax Ginseng Root Extract 
- Offer both visible radiance and soothing benefits.
  • Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract 
- Reduce irritation associated with acid use.

📍 Claim:

  • Mildly exfoliates the skin for improved skin radiance and visible clarity. The formula also improves the appearance of skin texture with continued use.


Skin Nepenthe Beauty Blog | Skincare  | Chemical Exfoliant
List of ingredients.


📍 pH value:

The pH of this product is approximately 3.6~3.7. Glycolic Acid has a pKa of 3.6 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation. Higher pH numbers in such a case would increase salt which counter-intuitively would make the formula even more irritating than if the formula was more acidic.

📍 Contraindication:

This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin.


Review of Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Claims


📍 How to use:

  • Use ideally in the PM, no more frequently than once per day. **I usually use after cleansing**
  • After cleaning, saturate a cotton pad with the formula and sweep across face and neck. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes. Do not rinse off. Continue with additional skin treatments as needed. **most of the time I just pat it directly on my skin using my palms because I'm lazy 😂**
  • Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration. 
  • If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. 
  • Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. 
  • Keep out of reach of children.

📍 Sunburn alert:

  • This product contains an alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA)  that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. 
  • Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.


Review of Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution.


📍 Packaging:

It comes in a transparent plastic bottle with a screw cap at first which then is meant to be replaced by a twisted top pointed cap. I love the twisted top pointed cap given, I can just swivel the cap up to let the solution comes out. It somehow makes dispensing much easier and I can control on how much solution that I want on my palm.

📍 Capacity:

The solution provided per bottle is 240ml. Quite huge right 😍? I loike!

📍 Texture:

Its texture is watery, just like water. It has a yellowish tint when in its bottle but once poured on palms, it will appear colourless. 

📍 Scent:

I think it is unscented as I couldn't smell any scent on it. 

📍 Application:

It is absorbed into my skin very fast! Post application, my skin feels hydrated and softer. However, if I’m too generous, it gives my skin a sticky feel which is so uncomfortable. So I just use as much as my skin need only.


Review of Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Packaging.

Review of Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Packaging.

Review of Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Texture.


📌 Review of Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

As this is the first ever AHA product that I incorporated in my skincare routine, I started with low frequency of use for the first two weeks. I just used it once per week. Oh ya, I just applied it only on my cheeks, not a whole face because I was afraid. **Pertama kali lah katakan, memang beria laa takutnya 😂** Then, I slowly started to lessen the break times week by week and I found that my skin was comfortable to use it once per two days. Of all the outcomes, I was so grateful for not experiencing other acne breakout phase!

For the first of three weeks only, I experienced quite hurt tingling sensation on my cheeks, but bearable. I used aloevera gel kept in fridge post application of this product in order to reduce that tingling sensation and redness. As tingling sensation slowly disappeared week by week, I also noticed those tiny bumps became smaller and finally they has been completely diminished from my skin just in 5 weeks with 11 times of usage. I still don't believe that I jot this down hahahahahaha! It has given my skin a miracle!

Since that, I started using it on my whole face except on chin area (I have quite bad acne at chin area, it will irritate my skin to the moon hehehe). The constant use has made me noticed that it has textured out my rough skin plus my skin has instantly looked more radiant and bright. I can also feel that it has helped very well in keeping my pores clean as I noticed that excess oil is lessened from usual.

I still can’t see satisfied results in term of skin clarity as my skin still has acne scars and obvious enlarged pores, but I am all happy because my main aim to get rid those crazy tiny bumps has been successfully achieved! I also love in term of how much easier and efficient other next skincare products being absorbed into my skin when using this product at first.

Oh yaa, as I have had experienced tingling sensation when using this product, I think it is not very recommended to be used on skin with severe acne wounds. Holding off from using this product until all acne wounds are fully healed.

Another thing is, in my opinion, this product is designed not to treat all types of acne accept tiny bumps. As long as I used it, I think it will only help in preventing new acne from pop in as usual by keeping the skin clean. It definitely will not able to work effectively as a major product in removing acne, yeah because it is not meant to be used on irritated skin. The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution may work the best to combat with acne for oily skin type, I have used it to treat acne around my chin area. Its review will be coming very very soon!

📌 Pros:

👍 Stinking cheap! Can be bought with price starting from RM48.
👍 Huge capacity, 240ml.
👍 Plastic packaging, which does not easily broken when hitting hard objects.
👍 Transparent bottle, its content can be observed if it is going to run out. 
👍 Fast absorption.
👍 Provides skin hydration and softness.
👍 Smooth or texture out the skin from tiny bumps.
👍 Better absorption of other next skincare products.
👍 Gives instant skin radiance.
👍 Keep the skin clean gradually.
👍 Unscented.

📌 Cons:

👎 Leave a sticky feel on skin if used excessively.
👎 Give tingling sensation when there are acne wounds on skin.
👎 Only prevent new acne from pop in, not treating the acne.

📌 Interested? Check it out here:


That's all for today. 
Thank you for reading my review! 💗

Comments

Skin Nepenthe Beauty Blog

Popular Posts